BA 2D Art Emphasis Painting and Drawing and Art History graduate with creative leadership experience at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and 4 months of internship experience at a local gallery. Experienced at designing promotional material, performing academic research, and planning public art events and lectures. Diverse knowledge in the arts and can work both in digital and traditional mediums. Dedicated worker that is able to pick up new skills and retain information quickly and adapt to new situations efficiently.
|• BA Senior Thesis Exhibition, Noel Fine Arts Center, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI||May 2015|
|• (Small Group) Student Exhibitions, Mezzanine Cases, Noel Fine Arts Center, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI||2011-2014|
|• (Small Group) Student Exhibition, “Life drawing Sketchbooks” Courtyard Case, Noel Fine Arts Center, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI||May 2014 to||September 2014|
|• (Group) Exhibition Agnes Jones Gallery, College of Professional Studies, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI||March 2012|
|• (Group) Exhibition Summer Art Studio, Lawton Gallery, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Green Bay WI||July 2008|
|• “Eugène Delacroix’s Moroccan Sketchbooks” Senior Art History Symposium, Mary Strupp, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI||
Emile H. Mathis Gallery, 2018
- Be observant of guests within the gallery environment.
- Informing guest of upcoming exhibitions
- Answering questions to the best of my ability in regards to the exhibition, or a particular artist or painting
Gallery Q Artist Cooperative, 2015
- Greet Customers and inform of current gallery show or upcoming events.
- Provide tours to public groups.
- Give artist and technique information.
- Assisted in resetting gallery floorset and wall display.
- Assisted in training procedures with volunteers.
Daisho Con, 2012 – 2013
Promotions and Marketing Co-Director
- Assisted with upkeep of social media accounts for updates on events and guests.
- Co Designed convention 100+ page guest book for large-scale publishing.
- Traveled to other conventions for promotional purposes as well as sales of merchandise and registration.
- Designed adverts and signage to be used during the convention.
Waukesha Co. Technical College, 2010-2011
Graphic Designer for Student Government
- Design advertisements for events such as large-scale posters, flyers, etc.
- Created other office items such as business cards, logo designs, certificates, and invitations.
- Worked under deadlines and complete all assignments before or on the required date for distribution.
(To view more work experience unrelated to the arts, please view my Linkedin profile)
Arthritis Foundation Upper Midwest Wisconsin Region, 2011 – Current
Art Instructor (Volunteer)
A 6 day, overnight summer camping experience for children ages 8-17 who have forms of Juvenile Arthritis or related conditions. It is hosted by the Easter Seals Camp Wawbeek in the Wisconsin Dells, WI.
- Created a one-week arts and crafts plan tailored to be accomplished for those with varying disabilities and execute in an engaging and simple way.
- Combine art with bits of real history to create an entertaining and memorable learning experience for the kids.
MASTERS OF ART: Art History with a focus on Museum and Curatorial Studies
UW Milwaukee, 2017 to current
BACHELOR OF ARTS: Double major Art History and 2D Art Emphasis Painting and Drawing
UW Stevens Point, 2011 – 2015
- Overall GPA: 3.31
- Summer Study Abroad 2014: Greece – Art, Architecture, and Design
- Thesis: • “Eugène Delacroix’s Moroccan Sketchbooks” Advisor: Larry Ball
Printing and Graphics (Some Coursework Completed)
Waukesha Co. Technical College, 2010 – 2011
- Transferred to UW-Stevens Point at the end of the spring 2011 semester.
- Lynda.com, WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events
Completed July 16th, 2015
Awards & Honors
BA Studio – Dan Favor Memorial Unconventional Art Scholarship
Issued by Mick Veum, Chair of Department of Art & Design, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“Open to an unconventional art student who approaches art in a unique or unconventional way, in the spirit of Dan Favor.”
Deans Distinguished Achievement Award
Issued by Rhonda Sprague, Interim Dean, College of Fine Arts & Communication, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“In recognition of high scholastic achievement (GPA over 3.75 on a 4.00 scale) during the second semester of the 2014-2015 academic year.”
BA Art History Arts Bash Scholarship
Issued by Robert Stolzer, Chair of Department of Art & Design, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“Awarded to students in the Department of Art & Design who demonstrate excellence in art history.”
Study Abroad Initiative Grant
Issued by Study Abroad Scholarship Committee, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“For UW-Stevens Point Students participating in UWSP study abroad programs”
Leadership & Activities
2014-15 President of Video Game Enthusiasts (VGE) Club of the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
2013-14 Vice President of Video Game Enthusiasts (VGE) Club of the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
2013-15 Member of Association of Art Historians and Scholars (AAHS), University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2012-13 Treasurer of Carlsten Gallery Student Advisory Council (CGSAC), University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2013 One of 4 Judges for the Annual Student Juried Art Exhibition hosted by Carlsten Gallery Student Advisory Council (CGSAC ), University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2012-13 Promotions and Marketing Co Director for Daisho Con, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2012 Assistant Promotions and Marketing for Daisho Con, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI