MA in Art History Museum and Curatorial Studies. 11 months of exhibition, gallery, and Curatorial experience at the Portrait Society Gallery. Experienced at performing academic research, designing promotional material, and planning public art events and lectures. Diverse knowledge in the arts and can work both in digital and traditional art mediums. Teaching assistant experience in Classics at the collegiate level for second and third level courses with online instruction experience.
MASTER OF ARTS: Art History – Museum and Curatorial Studies
UW- Milwaukee, 2017 to 2020
- Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.85
- Land•scape: Redefining landscapes from the UWM Art collection Catalog, UWM Emile H Mathis Gallery, 2019. Co-curator.
- Thesis: Coffin Soul Portals of the Female Xunren in Tomb of Marquis Yi of Zeng. Thesis Advisor: Professor Ying Wang
BACHELOR OF ARTS: Double major Art History and 2D Art Emphasis Painting and Drawing
UW- Stevens Point, 2011 – 2015
- Overall GPA: 3.31
- Summer Study Abroad 2014: Greece – Art, Architecture, and Design
- Thesis: • “Eugène Delacroix’s Moroccan Sketchbooks” Advisor: Professor Larry Ball
Printing and Graphics (Some Coursework Completed)
Waukesha Co. Technical College, 2010 – 2011
- Transferred to UW-Stevens Point at the end of the spring 2011 semester.
- 2019 – Co-curated MA Art History Museum Studies exhibition “Land•scape: Redefining Landscapes in the UWM Art Collection”, April 18th – Emile H. Mathis Gallery, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee,WI
- 2015 – BA 2D Art Senior Thesis Exhibition, Noel Fine Arts Center, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
- 2014 – (Small Group) Student Exhibition, “Life drawing Sketchbooks” Courtyard Case, Noel Fine Arts Center, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
- 2011-14 – (Small Group) Student Exhibitions, Mezzanine Cases, Noel Fine Arts Center, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
- 2012 – (Group) Exhibition Agnes Jones Gallery, College of Professional Studies, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“Eugène Delacroix’s Moroccan Sketchbooks” Senior Art History Symposium, Mary Strupp, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI, December 5th
Department of Classics, Univeristy of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Fall 2018-May 2020
- Assistant to Professor of Egyptian Classics in the instruction of two upper-level (200-300) college courses per semester, three class sessions per week.
- Provide academic support for, test, grade, and manage 100+students per semester, about 50 students per course including scheduling and proctoring make-up exams.
- Tasked with grading and crafting literary analysis assignments based on class text weekly readings to gauge both engagement and information retention.
- Experience with online learning and grading platforms of both Desire 2 Learn (D2L) as well as Canvas. Experienced with complete online instruction through Canvas during the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic.
Gallery Intern/ Gallery Assistant
Portrait Society Gallery – May 2018 – August 2019
- Work directly with clients with the sale for local artists work as well as conferring with artists directly for upcoming exhibitions on artwork placement and exhibition concepts.
- Collaborated with Gallery Director in completion of art exhibition construction, layout, hanging, lighting, advertisement design strategies, exhibition catalog design, and artist interviews.
- Maintained the functionality and upkeep of gallery website with current exhibitions, represented artists, and an online store through WIX, as well as maintain email subscription list, POS Square, and digital invoices.
- Designed Rafael Francisco Salas: For God and Country, Catalog, 2019.
- Additional gallery experience includes roles as Gallery Attendant for Emile H Mathis Gallery (Milwaukee, WI), and a Gallery Assistant Internship at Gallery Q Artist Cooperative (Stevens Point, WI)
Promotions and Marketing Co-Director
Daisho Con, 2012 – 2013
- Assisted with upkeep of social media accounts for updates on events and guests.
- Co Designed convention 100+ page guest book for large-scale publishing.
- Traveled to other conventions for promotional purposes as well as sales of merchandise and registration.
- Designed adverts and signage to be used during the convention.
(To view more work experience unrelated to the arts, please view my Linkedin profile)
Arthritis Foundation Upper Midwest Wisconsin Region, 2011 – Current
Art Instructor (Volunteer)
A 6 day, overnight summer camping experience for children ages 8-17 who have forms of Juvenile Arthritis or related conditions. It is hosted by the Easter Seals Camp Wawbeek in the Wisconsin Dells, WI.
- Created a one-week arts and crafts plan tailored to be accomplished for those with varying disabilities and execute in an engaging and simple way.
- Combine art with bits of real history to create an entertaining and memorable learning experience for the kids.
- Throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic: plan activities that translate to online learning and engagement though the use of Zoom and video editing.
Awards & Honors
BA Studio – Dan Favor Memorial Unconventional Art Scholarship
Issued by Mick Veum, Chair of Department of Art & Design, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“Open to an unconventional art student who approaches art in a unique or unconventional way, in the spirit of Dan Favor.”
Deans Distinguished Achievement Award
Issued by Rhonda Sprague, Interim Dean, College of Fine Arts & Communication, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“In recognition of high scholastic achievement (GPA over 3.75 on a 4.00 scale) during the second semester of the 2014-2015 academic year.”
BA Art History Arts Bash Scholarship
Issued by Robert Stolzer, Chair of Department of Art & Design, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“Awarded to students in the Department of Art & Design who demonstrate excellence in art history.”
Study Abroad Initiative Grant
Issued by Study Abroad Scholarship Committee, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
“For UW-Stevens Point Students participating in UWSP study abroad programs”
Leadership & Activities
2014-15 President of Video Game Enthusiasts (VGE) Club of the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
2013-14 Vice President of Video Game Enthusiasts (VGE) Club of the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
2013-15 Member of Association of Art Historians and Scholars (AAHS), University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2012-13 Treasurer of Carlsten Gallery Student Advisory Council (CGSAC), University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2013 One of 4 Judges for the Annual Student Juried Art Exhibition hosted by Carlsten Gallery Student Advisory Council (CGSAC ), University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2012-13 Promotions and Marketing Co Director for Daisho Con, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI
2012 Assistant Promotions and Marketing for Daisho Con, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI